Lenert Insurance Group Blog
Biker Safety & Illinois Motorcycle Insurance: Building You a Secure Ride
Motorcycles provide most riders with an incredible feeling of freedom – a sense of satisfaction and peace that can’t be found elsewhere. But with that independence comes a particular responsibility one has to themselves and those with whom they share the road.
Aside from securing yourself a comprehensive Illinois motorcycle insurance policy, it’s also important that bikers of all ages and experience levels proactively take the time to practice safe riding. Take a look at some of our tips, compiled to help you ride safely and securely:
- First and foremost – after securing your insurance coverage of course – invest in top quality gear. Pick a high-quality helmet, preferably one that includes a face shield. If you can’t get full coverage, pair a solid helmet with goggles or safety glasses.
- Wear durable, non-slip gloves and consider spending the extra bucks on a great leather jacket and leather pants.
- Before each ride be sure to test the bike’s lights, brakes and turn signals; also make sure all mirrors are secure and positioned correctly.
- Always check your oil and fuel levels – you don’t want to be caught off guard while out on the road.
- Know your bike’s limits and always stick to the speed limit; don’t tailgate other vehicles and always use your turn signals.
- Be sure that other drivers can see you, avoid driving in their blind spot, do not weave in and out of traffic and always use your headlights.
From all of us at Lenert Insurance Group we wish you a happy motorcycle season and safe rides!